On a Journey to Growing and Living a Greener Life
This blog is my journey to search, find and build a greener life. What do I mean by that?
A life that is simple. One that is closer to nature and the environment. A path of learning and loving as I go.
My biggest hobby is gardening. Growing my own food and enjoying the garden, always with nature in mind.
I’ve recently moved from a medium sized urban garden to a large rural garden. It’s currently a blank canvas.
I’ve big plans to turn it into a fully functioning food machine while cultivating the garden to encourage as much wildlife into it as possible. That journey will be shared, right here.
The second thing that always feels me with excitement is learning new things. I like to challenge myself, push myself to see more, try more, help more, just be more!
By showing my experiences, I hope to find new friends along the way and support others in their exploration to a greener life.
What you’ll find here:
- A place to record my journey to a greener life and explore ideas on a vast array of topics too substantial to create just a “one theme blog”, covering:
- Environmental issues
- Health and fitness challenges
- Growing food
- Adventures in the great outdoors
- Personal development through my ongoing learning, social experiments, and creative endeavours.
- Update reports from my garden and my constant struggle to grow lettuce.
- An online space to hold myself accountable for any undertakings from my Life Ticket.
- To share interesting and useful information.
- A little zone for gratefulness and also give thanks.
- And a place to expand on green ideas.
10 things about me:
- I don’t have a driving licence. Not only do I enjoy living a car-free existence but am quite happy to
arguepromote it to others as a choice.
- I’m passionate about growing as much food as possible. In our last little space, called an urban garden, I grew six different fruits, five different herbs and 12 different types of veggies, all year round. This was done using permaculture methods.
- I’m a big fan of…fan-fiction. I think it develops writers and allows creativity to flow. I don’t believe it takes anything away from the original creator. I think it enhances it.
- I am 100% introverted. Having tried to change how I behave I realised it is much better to work with my natural persona than it is to fight it.
- I have a terrible fear of flying but it hasn’t ever stopped me from travelling. I’d rather go through the ‘pain’ of flying than not be able to see and experience a new culture/country.
- I am a fully trained Mental Health First Aider at work.
- My family means the entire world to me. I also have two furbabies. I am one of those dog lovers – you know, the one that shows off pictures of their dogs and actually speaks to their dog down the phone when they are away? Yup, that’s me. I’m not apologising…
- I grew 200 chilli plants once. I was obsessed with anything chilli. Since then I have learned to curb my passion slightly.
- I’ve completed a very intensive RHS L2 horticulture course.
- I love early mornings. I’m by no means an early riser every day but nothing beats the stillness of sitting in the garden, cup of tea in hand, listening to the sounds of the birds.
I have written three other blogs before this one. Each one has become an evolution from the previous one.
- Growing the Green Life (2015-17)
- Forget-me-Not Cultivation (2012-15)
- Forget-me-Not Chillies (2010-12)