The journal and muse of Sophie Hudson
The goal of this blog is to inspire readers to take on the quest of growing your own food in whatever space you have available, eating more veggies and getting outside to enjoy nature.
Here is me showing you my journey to a greener, more simple and sustainable lifestyle. In doing so I hope it will give others their own ideas.
In an increasingly busy and anxious world, it’s time to get back to basics, take back control of our time and spend it on areas we can really make a difference to our health and to the world around us.
Our natural world and all the wonderful birds, animals and insects that share it have come under increasing threat despite all the efforts to protect them.
But it doesn’t have to be like that. World change is possible and it can happen right here, in our own homes. By choosing to make more informed and ethical decisions in our everyday life – from what products we buy (and eat), to how we choose to spend precious free time.
By showing my experiences, I hope to find new friends along the way and support others to have a greener life.
What you’ll find here:
- A place to record my journey to a greener life and explore ideas on a vast array of topics too substantial to create just a “one theme blog”, covering:
- Environmental issues
- Health and fitness challenges
- Growing food
- Adventures in the great outdoors
- Personal development through my ongoing learning, social experiments, and creative endeavours.
- Update reports from my garden and my constant struggle to grow lettuce.
- An online space to hold myself accountable for any undertakings from my Life Ticket.
- To share interesting and useful information.
- And a little zone for gratefulness and to also give thanks.
- A place to share ideas.
10 things about me:
- I don’t have a driving licence. Not only do I enjoy living a car-free existence but am quite happy to
arguepromote it to others as a choice.
- I’m passionate about growing as much organic food, in my little space, called an urban garden, as possible.
- I’m a big fan of…fan-fiction. I think it develops writers and allows creativity to flow. I don’t believe it takes anything away from the original creator. I think it enhances it.
- I am 100% introverted. Having tried to change how I behave I realised it is much better to work with my natural persona than it is to fight it.
- I have a terrible fear of flying but it hasn’t ever stopped me from travelling. I’d rather go through the ‘pain’ of flying than not be able to see and experience a new culture/country.
- I am a fully trained Mental Health First Aider at work.
- My family means the entire world to me. I also have two furbabies. I am one of those dog lovers – you know, the one that shows off pictures of their dogs and actually speaks to their dog down the phone when they are away? Yup, that’s me. I’m not apologising…
- I grew 200 chilli plants once. I was obsessed with anything chilli. Since then I have learned to curb my passion slightly.
- I’ve completed a very intensive RHS L2 horticulture course.
- I work for the NHS which is this beautiful creation that has become all ‘beast-like’ in the last few years. However, it’s a humbling experience being an employee of an organisation that always goes the extra mile for every single patient it encounters. Every day I get to wake up and say “who am I going to be able to help today?”
I have written three other blogs before this one. Each one has become an evolution from the previous one.
- Growing the Green Life (2015-17)
- Forget-me-Not Cultivation (2012-15)
- Forget-me-Not Chillies (2010-12)